Study in Ukraine
Today Ukraine’s educational potential ensures it becomes one of the top 10 countries in the field of international education, confirming high demand for higher education in Ukraine from citizens of other states. About 64 thousand international students from 145 countries are studying at high schools in Ukraine.
to learn Russian
Advantages to study in Ukraine:
- Flexible conditions for arriving in Ukraine. Visa-free regime for foreign students spreads among the CIS countries, some countries of Europe, Canada, Japan, Israel. Visa support is carried out for the citizens of other countries.
- Simple procedure for admission to higher education establishments. For admission to higher education establishments in Ukraine it is not necessary to pass the exams and take English tests (TOELF, IELTS). Foreign applicants pass interview and the school graduate diploma’s rating is taken into account.
- Tolerant and safe society. There are no racial conflicts, no religious oppression and no inter-ethnic confrontation here. Ukrainians are tolerant to foreigners and are known by their hospitality throughout the world.
- Affordable studying fees. Tuition fees are much lower than in Europe, CIS, and North America. International students study on a paid basis in Ukraine. Tuition fees vary from 1 000 to 3 000 USD per year for most of majors and 2 000 to 6 000 USD for medical sciences. Tuition fees at preparatory courses are from 1000 to 2000 USD.
- Affordable living costs. Ukrainian universities offer a place international students in a hostel (dormitory). Usually it located near the university. The cost of living there is very democratic. Also students has opportunity to rent a separate apartment
- High quality of the Ukrainian Method of Teaching. The leading Ukrainian universities have a long history since 16th century and a strong teaching school. Students with success receive not only theoretical knowledge, but also practical. There are different teaching methods available for foreign students in Ukraine. Bachelor’s program, Master’s degree program, postgraduate education. The language of education can be optional – English / Russian / Ukrainian / French.
- Worldwide Recognition and European level of education. Almost all the courses are globally Recognized by WHO, UNESCO, EUROPEAN COUNCIL and so on. Ukraine has joined the Bologna Declaration in 2005 and has a standardized European educational system. Under the Bologna process and according to European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), the degree awarded by Ukraine is equally valid and recognized in the 47 countries. Students have an opportunity to continue their education, pass internship and get a job in EU, US etc. There is a simplified documents legalization process and recognition of the higher education qualifications in Europe. Medical degree recognized by WHO, UNESCO, PLAB (UK), USMLE (USA), throughout EU and various international organizations.
- Adaptation courses Most universities organize the training courses for foreign students in the Russian and Ukrainian languages. Preparing for studying at a higher education establishment takes from 6 to 10 months and takes place at universities’ campuses. Also young specialists live among native speakers and have a possibility to practice every day.
- Wide range of specialties. There are around 180 higher educational institutions, where all possible specializations are presented: medical, legal, economic, engineering, technical, humanitarian, architecture, agrarian courses in English / Russian / Ukrainian / French.
- Successful career start in any country of the world. Ukraine is a member of the Hague and Lisbon Conventions that declare a simplified document legalization process and recognize the higher education qualifications in Europe. Ukrainian diploma is recognized in all countries of the world.
- Experiences of living in a foreign community, new friends all over the world. Studying in Ukraine is an opportunity to learn to deal with different situations and get experience. It is also an excellent opportunity to meet new people and expand the social circle. Everybody comes alone and wants to make new friends. Universities that provide education to international students organize different events so that everyone can get acquainted. As a rule, after studying in Ukraine, friendships are maintained throughout the life. Getting education in Ukraine provides international students with new cultural perspectives that they could not get staying home.
- Opportunity to travel. Ukraine is a modern European country located in the Eastern part of Europe and is one of the largest European countries for its area. A student have opportunity to see Carpathians Mountains, Black and Azov seas, many rivers and lakes there. The historical monuments, museums, theaters, sports facilities, different kinds of possible activities and hobbies – international students really enjoy living in Ukraine. Also Ukraine has one of the Best Transportation Systems in Europe. Every students has 40% discount for train tickets.