Year found: 1868
Legal form State
R.Glier Kyiv Institute of Music
Year found: 1868
Legal form: State
Awards: Bachelor Degree
Study language: Russian, Ukrainian
R.Glier Kyiv Institute of Music is an advanced educational structure where the first - third levels accreditation specialists training is realized by eight specialties: Piano, Orchestral string instruments, Orchestral wind and percussion instruments, Folk instruments, Singing, Choral conducting, Musical variety art, Musicology, Jazz.
The College prepares piano teachers and teachers on different orchestral instruments, singing, theory and history of music, artists of orchestras, musical ensembles, conductors, musicologists, sound producers, editors of mass media, prepares its graduates to scientist activity in a art sphere.
Students contingent of the College - Ukrainians and foreigners - is around 700 people, that study at the expense of the State budget and on contract basis. In addition to professional education, graduates get complete secondary education too. The best graduates continue their professional studies in institutes of higher education of Kyiv, Ukraine, and abroad. Close connections unite R.Glier Kyiv State Higher Music College with P.Tchaikovsky National Music Academy, about a fourth part of its students are graduates of our College. Scholastic collective of the College, in its part, is made up by graduates of the P.Tchaikovsky NMA.
Teachers of the College are highly qualified musicians specialists, among which there are 21 doctors and candidates of fine art, 24 Peoples and Honoured artists, 13 Honoured art workers and Honoured workers of culture of Ukraine; prize winners of international and national competitions, famous performers, scientists, and teachers and methodologists work in the College. Pedagogical collective of the College has prominent creative achievements in education of future professionals - during last five years more than 200 students of the College have obtained titles of winners of international, national, regional competitions, festivals, scientific conferences.
High professionalism of pedagogical collective, its devotion to art, ability and wish to teach talented youth are confirmed by the fact that the College is a base for creation of original, authors teaching programs for musical colleges and musical schools of Ukraine.
In order to enter to the College it is necessary to have education in volume of incomplete or complete school of general education and musical training in volume of educational programs of children musical schools.
Kyiv's history spans over 1500 years. It is the cradle of Slavonic culture. Today, Kyiv is the capital of Ukraine. With a population of 2,5 million and an area of 820 kilometers, Kyiv is well suited to be the political center of Ukraine. The President and his administration, the Verkhovna Rada, the Cabinet of Ministers, and other government institutions are centered in the city. As the scientific and cultural center of the country, Kyiv is home to the Ukrainian National Academy of Sciences and academic research institutions which include institutes of chemistry, welding, cybernetics, steelwork, microbiology and virology, economics, history, philosophy, literature, art history, folklore and ethnography, and law.
Most of Ukraine's institutions of higher learning are located in Kyiv. These include Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University, National University "Kyiv - Mohyla Academy", National Technical University of Ukraine "Kyiv Polytechnic Institute", Bogomolets National Medical University, the National Aviation University, Tchaikovsky National Music Academy of Ukraine, Glier Kyiv Music College, the National Academy of Painting and Architecture, the Kyiv National University of Building and Architecture, the Kyiv National Linguistics University, the Kyiv National University of Culture and Arts, Dragomanov Ukrainian National Pedagogical University, and others. Kyiv has many cultural and educational institutions: libraries (of which the largest are the Central Scientific Library of the Ukrainian National Academy of the Sciences and the Scientific Library of Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University), cultural centers, cinemas, the Ukrainian National Philharmonic Society, theaters (of which the National Opera, the National Academic Drama Theatre, and the Theatre of Russian Drama are best known), and the National Circus. The National Symphonic Orchestra and national folk choral and dance ensembles reside in Kyiv.
Kyiv is home to history, painting, folk and ornamental art, book and publishing, folk architecture and life, and memorial museums. There are a number of unique architectural sights in Kyiv. The Sofiyskyy Sobor (1037), the remnants of the Golden Gates, the Mikhailivska Church of the Vydubetsky Monastery (1070 - 1088), the remnants of the Uspensky Sobor (1073 - 1078), the Kyivo-Pecherska Lavra (11th century), the Kyrylivska Church (12th century), the Kyiv Academy (8th or early 9th century), the Andriyivska Church (1747-1753), the Mariinsky Palace (1750 - 1755). There are also many newer buildings in the city, such as the Volodymyrskyy Sobor (1862 - 1882), the National Opera (1901), the State Bank (1902 - 1905), the Bessarabskyy Covered Market (1910 - 1912), and others.
Many stadiums, swimming pools, gyms, shooting galleries, parks, cafes and restaurants offering both Ukrainian and international cuisine are available to Kievans and city guests.
Kyiv is the central railway junction and a crossroads for land, air, and water routes.
Public transportation within Kyiv is provided by a subway system, buses, trams, and taxis.
Welcome to Kyiv!
• Orchestral string instruments
• Orchestral wind and percussion instruments
• Folk instruments
• Singing (academic,variety)
• Choral conducting
• Musical variety art
• Elementary education at school studio
• Degree: Assoc late
• Degree: Bachelor, Specialist
• Degree: Master
Period of study:
Students live in a comfortable furnished hostel. The hostel is located close to the Institute. There are a nice canteen for students.
When student arrive at the airport he/she will be met and transferred to university. At university student have orientation and welcome brief. After orientation student will be placed at university hostel. During all time of studying at university foreign students are supported by qualified team of International Department. All their needs will be satisfied with pleasure. There is very helpful consultancy for students who have educational difficulties.
All university hostels are secured and have time restrictions for guest to ensure safety and good condition of living.
The Ukrainian people are philosophical and peaceful. The most recent example being the Orange revolution, a completely peaceful demonstration by the people looking for political change. You will find that Ukrainians are very amicable and have good sense of humor. There is no racism at all. Strangers will be extremely friendly with you and be impressed that you made the effort to visit their country over their more visited neighbors.
For many years R.Glier Kyiv Institute of Music has held international activity.
The main aims and directions of this activity are the following:
• International common projects:
• Music festivals;
• Scientific - theoretical conferences;
• Art exchanges with music educational institutions: concerts of soloists, groups and pedagogues, seminars, master-classes, exchange of methodical literature, popularization of compositions by contemporary Ukrainian composers and classics of Ukrainian music. Study of foreign students
• Cooperation with diplomatic missions;
• Concerts of music compositions by contemporary Ukrainian composers;
• Master-classes of leading pedagogues - musicians from Ukraine and abroad;
• Participation of students and groups in international festivals, competitions.
Participation of colleges students and groups in international music festivals and competitions:
• Competition of choral groups - 2001 (Hungary), 2002 (Poland, the Netherlands), 2003 (Poland, Spain), 2004 (Spain, Russia), 2005
• International Spring Art Festival of Friendship, Pyongyang (North Korea) - 2002, 2003, 2004
• International Festival of youth orchestras (France, Poland) - 2003, 2004, 2005
Exchanges of concert student bands and groups:
• Concert of the Symphonic orchestra of R.Glier Kyiv State Higher Music College in Chongqing (Peoples Republic of China) - 2005;
• Concerts of students of string, wind, folk, piano departments in Homs (Syria) - 2005;
• Concerts of wind ensemble of colleges students in Stuttgart (Germany) - 2006;
• Concerts of colleges students of string and piano departments in Antalya (Turkey) - 2007;
• Concerts of wind ensemble "Serenata" of Stuttgart Music Hochschule in Kyiv - 2005;
• Piano concert of Samir Mirzayev, Professor of Antalya Music Conservatoire (Turkey); Cello master-class of the conservatoires director Engin Sansa - 2006
• Jazz art (Finland) - 2005, 2006
• Common bilateral cultural - art project between R.Glier Kyiv Institute of Music and Teheran Music Conservatoire - November 2008.
• R.Glier Kyiv Institute of Music has got a license to hold an educational activity for foreign students on its preparatory department and full-time departments.
For many years foreign students have studied in the College (from China, USA, Mongolia, Serbia, Montenegro, Turkey, Syria, France, New Zealand, Croatia, Japan, Mexico, Ecuador, Republic of Korea, and Islamic Republic of Iran). Foreign students take part in all Institutes art modern projects, international festivals and competitions, concert tours.
Cooperation with diplomatic missions to Ukraine - embassies of Russia, Austria, Belgium, Germany, the USA, Croatia, Israel, Serbia and Montenegro, Georgia, Canada, Norway, Finland, Czech Republic, Iran, China, Hungary, Japan, France, Syria, Slovak Republic, Sweden, Argentina, Brazil, Great Britain, Denmark, Egypt, Netherlands, Portugal, Turkey; as well as Italian institute of culture, Polish Cultural Centre, Goethe Institute.
Preparatory course (1 year): USD 2000
Bachelor degree: USD 3400 per year
Master degree: USD 5600 per year
- Accomodation - USD 50 per month
- Medical insurance: USD 180 per year
- Living expenses: about USD 300 per month
- Airport transfer: USD 100
Please note, tuition fee could change (1-3%) due to fluctuations of the exchange rate.